This is a post to help people to install ubuntu alongside windows. This post is specially for beginners. We’ll go through it step by step.
- Download Ubuntu 14.04 LTS iso image from here.
- Install Universal USB installer here to create a bootable pendrive.
- Open Universal USB installer. Also insert the pendrive that you want to make bootable.
- Select Ubuntu in the drop down for step 1.
- Browse your downloaded iso in Step 2.
- Select the drive letter for your pen drive (be careful not to select any other drive).
- Click Create and wait for the process to complete.
- Restart your computer now. Now if the system boots automatically with the pendrive it’s ok, else you may need to access the Boot menu which can be opened using a particular function key which is mostly F2 or F9 or may be specified by your vendor.In the boot menu select the option for pen drive.
- You will get a Purple screen wait till it goes away.
- Now, you’ll see a dialog box which shows try Ubuntu and install Ubuntu options. Click on the latter one.
[<img class="aligncenter wp-image-299" src="/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/ubuntuScr1.png" alt="ubuntuScr1" width="600" height="438" srcset="/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/ubuntuScr1.png 807w, /wp-content/uploads/2014/09/ubuntuScr1-300x219.png 300w, /wp-content/uploads/2014/09/ubuntuScr1-411x300.png 411w" sizes="(max-width: 600px) 100vw, 600px" />](/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/ubuntuScr1.png) 11. On the next screen don’t connect to internet and click on continue. 12. On the next screen select “install ubuntu alongside Windows” and click on Continue. 13. Now on the next screen you will get an interface to select how much space you want for Windows and Ubuntu. 30 GB for Ubuntu is good enough, you may decide on your own. 14. Click on Install Now and follow all the instructions. 15. Your Computer will be restarted after installation is complete and you’ll see the GRUB interface to select which OS to load Ubuntu or Windows. We want to open Ubuntu right now as we are excited aren’t we 😛 . 16. Login with password you entered during installation. And we are done.
So that’s all for today. Hope you all can install it without blowing up your system 😛 . Comment if you have any doubts.